Friday, August 22, 2008

What if...


I wonder what a great world we would live in if all the great leaders down through history had to spend 3 or 4 hours on a lawn mower cutting the grass?

I find this task to be most thought provoking, inspires problem solving and provides a rare opportunity to be completely unplugged.

I think that John Deere or Club Cadet would do well with an add campaign that appealed to the cluttered minds of today:

"Are you longing for some time away from work, unruly children, bills, noise, computers and the day to day bustle? How about escaping to the rich lush green grass of the country side under a sky hand painted with lazy summer clouds? The wind caressing your hair as you glide along on a bladed sea of jade. Watch the sun set as you see the stars forming like tiny holes in a black canvas. Its not just any vacation spot...no, sir!"

"It's your lawn...and its right there. "

I think I am on to something! And to think, here I am on a Friday night and all of these good ideas are just going to waste!

2 comments:

michaelg said...

You should open an executive lawn mowing retreat. You've definitely got enough yard. Build it and they will come. Brenda's Field of Well Manicured Dreams.

janban said...

I am so with you, Sister! I LOVE to mow the lawn because I can finally get some "peace and quiet" of sorts. Seems strange to most but I am all alone to my thoughts and I can mow in any pattern I want to!! Preach on!!