Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Monday Night Mute

Mark and I watched half of Monday night football with the TV on mute. That was awesome! LOL

I don't even recall what the announcers were babbling about but Mark and I blurted out at the same time "give it a REST....puLEASE...." or something to that effect. And then I said, "I wonder what it would be like to watch an entire football game on mute?"

So we did. I missed the crowd noise - but nary an over-analyzed, speculative, off base, idiotic, irrelevant attempt at commentary was to be heard from the peanut gallery!

4 comments:

ShannonK said...

That's the way most televised sporting events are watched at our house - started one baseball season and has become preferred! I bet you'll continue the trend! :-)

michaelg said...

I'm with you. It is so annoying that on one bad play the team can be suffering from some problem that has been causing them grief for the whole season, then on the next good play be the best team in the league on the exact thing that just plays earlier they were the worst at.
Didn't they try "no announcer" football in the late 70's on some network? I seem to recall that.

Judi said...

Honest to GOD I wish I lived down the road from you so we could share a cup of coffee! ((Judi))

brenda k said...

Yepp! Mute is the way to go!

Judi-coffee would be lovely! But be warned, if you lived down the road from me, you might find yourself involved in every half baked crafty idea I have ever attempted! Would love to have your talent decorating for Christmas!!!!