Thursday, December 10, 2009

We've had worse!

The first major winter event of the season and come and gone and left me feeling a little less than bedazzled. Sure, it had all the typical ingredients, snow, wind and now cold...but to be honest - I've seen worse here. Don't get me wrong - I was officially snowed in until about 5:00 today (my neighbor plowed our driveway), but "storms past" proved to be much more picture worthy than this one. I am not particularly glad about that...or sad about that.... ;) It is what it is! The season is young and I am sure I will eat this first paragraph somewhere in the next five months!

Aside from not being able to go anywhere, a somewhat unreliable internet connection and the satellite taking a winter storm break for a few hours - I was entertained by cleaning my half of the bedroom closet, painting, and I have put enough miles on my treadmill to circle the earth a couple times over.

Which leads me to an observation of the "local" radio station during my hour walks to no where. I dare say they are stretching the truth a smidge to say they actually play the best hits around. Every morning and afternoon - random hour increments - I get commercial after commercial and ad after ad and then mindless conversation that makes you want to just put your wrists under the moving belt of the treadmill and call it good. I cannot do it again tomorrow. They barely average 4 songs per hour during the times I was listening. I almost sent them an email - but "email etiquette" entered into my head as I was trotting down the stairs. I would never have said what I was thinking to a living breathing person, so, I thought better of putting it into typeface to last the better part of space and time. I will break out my own music tomorrow and let them continue to yack about their top ten lists, snow analogies and caller 437 who just won a $3.00 coupon for lunch.

So, there ya have it - life returns to normal tomorrow and I hope my husband will come home to shovel. I am on a life long shovel ban - I mess around with it a little but I can't actually move this particular round of heavy, hard snow, so I will leave it alone.

Hello, weekend!

1 comment:

Judi said...

We are getting all the hype here in PA about a huge impending storm heading our way in the morning. Happens everytime there is a hint of a snowflake LOL! Wanted to wish you a very Happy Holiday and a New Year that is filled with happiness. Judi