Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Flash update!

Well - I have not been "here" since the little earth shake and quake a couple weeks ago!

I started a new job 2/1 and the month of March I am full-time, while another woman takes a month of vacation! Out of the pan and into the fire - not such a bad thing for expediting the learning curve!

Life is good. Kona is getting big! Since I have had my computer repaired, it now will not communicate with my printer (that has the slot for my camera card) so I have not been able to load any new pics. I can still print so I don't know what this means - I will have to try and re-install the printer software - that likely will do the trick. So, pictures forth coming!

Had our annual women's camp out last weekend at Backbone State Park in Strawberry Point. What a fabulous time! Lots of friends, walking, hiking, eating and sitting around the fire.

Tuesday of last week I went to the dentist for what I thought was a filling that needed to be replaced. Well, yeah, not in my world. In someone else's world that's all it would have been. In MY world, I have a cracked back molar and need to have it pulled. I had some weird fleeting emotion with this news. My Dentist said, "I have time this afternoon...the pain will not get better unless the tooth is pulled...the tooth is dying."

I didn't want to lose my tooth. I have ALL of my teeth. Never got wisdom teeth and have never had any dental work beyond check ups and cleaning and my teeth are perfectly straight. Every time I would go for a check up he would always tell me how lovely my teeth are and how lucky I am to just have "had them that way" with no work done. I guess a pride thing to now have to have one soldier in this line up... pulled out like spring dandelion.

He also explained that he has done root canal's on cracked teeth before and 9 times out of 10 they end up pulling it anyway - and a couple thousand dollars later no less. So, his sparkling reputation in the back of my mind - I let him pull it.

Anyway I am babbling about my tooth, let's move along. That sucked major mud! I will not be having that done again if I have to have a check up every 3 months for the rest of my life. I go back in a couple weeks to discuss my jaw clenching at night - which is the likely culprit for the cracker and then a fake tooth or bridge or something to put in the vacant lot.

What else. SPRING! I feel like a kid 2 days before Christmas! I have my seed catalogs all stacked up on the table and visions of my outside flower arrangements dancing in my head like.....HUMMINGBIRDS! Ah.....................spring! So much hope with this season for me! Renewal - revitalization - refresh - restart - and regroup. All of my "friends" come back and I have their list of little seeds also stacked on my table. I'm glad I will go back to Mon-Wed-Fri work weeks just in time for April!

Well - time is ticking here and I better finish my coffee and hit the shower. Have a great day!

5 comments:

Judi said...

Geez it's about time ya gave us an update LOL! Sorry to hear 'bout the tooth :( I'm ready for planting too, have my entire front window clear and ready to plant my seeds this weekend. It's getting close ... I guess your glad your co-worker isn't vacationing in April!!! Judi

janban said...

I was wondering what happened to you. Good to have you back. I'm needing some "Brenda time". Any plans to travel this way?

brenda k said...

Judi! Did you get all the snow I watched on the news this past few weeks??? Glad it missed us for a change!

jan - I do have plans to travel that way just not sure when and it might be a quick trip. If I can find some wiggle room with another lady in the office we plan to take advantage of a free night in a hotel but we have to use it by 3/26. So - I will just have to wait and see what the next days or week brings!

Kireliols said...

I am a jaw clencher too- I have cracked multiple teeth since my kids came along...coincidence? I think not. I got a night guard, of course, not covered by insurance, and it only lasted a few weeks before I'd cracked it apart to the point of being unusable. We haven't even hit the teen years yet!!
My dentist said part of the reason is that those of us who got fillings in the 70s got them with a material that is really bad for clenchers- not at all flexible so every fissure that develops is exploited by the filling.
I had two root canals and then they filled down the dead teeth and did a crown on them. That was a few years ago and they're holding so ask about that if it happens again.
Good to hear an update from you!!

brenda k said...

Wow - I wonder why he didn't file down my dead tooth? Course I was in so much pain that probably wouldn't have helped me. I dont know why I am clenching again - probably the new job- which I am about to make a post about!