Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Graduate!


Ah, Finally! The Tuesday night puppy classes draw to a close this evening and Kona was voted the "most improved"! I need to clarify that by adding he is the most reserved, calm..."IN CHECK" German Shepherd I have had the pleasure of being around. I took this picture yesterday and he is now 5 months old!
In class, he was happy to have children pet him, adults with loud voices and big coats, someone else with a kitty, and someone else with a crying baby. In all cases, he was very even, in control and that was my goal.
Anyone who has had a GSD knows that the ear stage can be stressful! His have been up and down, one up one down, the other up the other down, both down then half up...well you get it. It is all over the map while they are teething or stressed, especially. When we got home from class tonight both ears were flapped down at the tips so I know, while he was great there, he was stressing, bad. As I put him in the kennel for "bed" they are both back UP. What a goofy ride for a GSD owner!
I am off tomorrow, and gosh....I am going to appreciate this day off like no other! Why? Because when you have a day off during the week, the sun shine's brighter, the rain smells...clean....
....the outside smells, too. But, at night, it is so quiet that surely the next day could never come. It is that quiet, and yet if you listen hard, you can hear birds. You can hear all of nature preparing for the next day. I have never experienced anything so hopeful! We could learn alot from birds...
Take care, enjoy this spring!

2 comments:

Kireliols said...

He is so adorable!! And congratulations on "most improved!" Is he an outside dog or inside? if he's inside how do you deal with the shedding? Our big lug of a dog is part german shepherd and the other part lab so we are coughing up furballs constantly and the fur flies everywhere- I did try daily brushings but it really didn't make much difference? any tips?
Being a stay at home mom I don't really get the days off feeling but I do love that first day back at school for the girls after a vacation...that usually garners the same feeling as a day off.

Judi said...

I so enjoy the quiet of the night, well day too!!! Your pup is doing fantastic and no doubt he wants to please Mom!! Been so busy myself lately working outside and lovin' every minute ~ Enjoy your day! Judi