Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thought provokers!


We managed to squeak out one good motorcycle ride last Saturday. A guy Mark works with was having a cook-out at his house in Coggon (about 2-2.5 hours south). This was reason enough to get the motor runnin' - but I was dying to try out my new helmet and riding jacket. What am I becoming!!??

As we rode and rode along - I decided that a helmet is one of the most thought provoking places you can "be". Life outside of the shell is muffled, your head is snuggly secured and with the face shield down - I felt like I was inside of myself somehow. So - you all know me by now - I had solved alot of societal problems in those 2 hours and pondered a few more revelations I'm sure know one has even thought of yet!

When we got there and went to get off - both Mark and I decided as we GROANED to dismount - we either need to take Yoga or Pilates or something - because we were SO stiff it was laughable. And we laughed and laughed! It was worse when we got home - the ride was MUCH colder and we were much more stiff (we didn't stop on the way) - and neither of us were moving to fast on Sunday either.

Tonight I got to mow. That too leads to infinite amounts of random minutia that drops into your brain before you even realize what your thinking about. I was around the front yard twice before I realized I was actually wondering if there was a heaven for moths and bugs? I don't normally stop for bugs - I will stop and move frogs, however or let them cross - they seem soulful to me somehow - but as I blew through the yard and moths and bugs were flying it occurred to me that heaven would be really full if all the bugs that died every day were up there, too. I concluded there must be OFF! in Heaven. ;-)

Graduation madness is upon us and once again we have committed to go to each and every one we are invited to. I don't know why I find this so amusing but it is! (Perhaps I need to put my helmet on and think about it.) This weekend, however, we have a gathering for one of my husbands side of the family in Des Moines and 2 gatherings on Saturday for my side of the family.

In the interest of not missing any of it - we have opted to divide and conquer this weekend. Mark will go to Des Moines and I will attend a birthday party and a graduation. So - I think we are covered!

Garden is in and everything looks good so far! We got some old carpet from some friends and cut that into strips as wide as the rows to keep weeds down. Suh-WEET!!!! I can literally go down there and yank a couple weeds between plants and I am done. No power hoeing this year... hoeing? Sumthin' 'bout that just doesn't sound right! LOL

Kona is growing fast and is proving to be a handful ....and a total mama's boy. He will be a big boy too, I think. At a little over 5.5 months he is about as long as Jack was and tall - taller than Lucy already. Loads of fun though - reminds me so much of Jack that its spooky some days.

(kirelimel - I neglected to answer your question last time - with this guy hair is not an issue since he is an outside dog now - when we had a Pug, it was hair city in the house...had to vacuum every day - no other way! But I will still say it was worth it!)
Well - I better run - laundry calling - flowers to water and then time to wrap today up at some point! Hope to read some blogs this weekend - post lots of stuff for me!










No comments: