Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hump Day!

It's been a busy spring! I never realized just how much I got accomplished around here in a day's time when I was not working. Now, laundry piles up, dishes pile up, stuff piles up and before you know it you look around thinking, "Is this my house?". I am looking forward to Friday off, but it sounds like rain - so maybe I can get some things planted next week if my scheduled days off pan out.

Beyond that realization, job is going great. No two days are alike - the down side for me remains the vast black abyss of things I do not know - but I will try and be patient as that gap can only close over time.

Getting our garden planned out. As usual - Mark decided to go a step further and built some elevated beds in the center of the garden. I think whatever goes in there will look splendid! I am thinking either very colorful veg, flowers or both. If I ever figure out why my printer won't send pictures back to my computer, I will post some pictures. (No time to sit and figure that out!) We are scaling back the garden a touch this year too. I have to get a grip on my urge to plant anything that will grow and catapult myself to the end of summer when I have truckloads of squash, zucchini, tomatoes and cucumbers! Although, no tomato or cuc went to waste last year - it is just way too much fresh food to deal with, even with giving some away. Everyone seems to be giving that stuff away - at least in my neighborhood.

Puppy kindergarten is almost over! Graduation is next week - but don't look for an invitation to the proud moment! ;) I made Mark take him last night by himself. Kona is pretty much a mama's boy and will be another 100 pound cupcake, just like Jack was! I am glad about that, but he has a more reserved, timid personality. I don't mind that either. I would hate to have an aggressive charging fella on my hands because we have a lot of visitors here. So far, he treats visitors like most of us would treat a stranger on the street. You might get acknowledged and you might not - and he might just go the other direction altogether if it suits him at the moment. But, he has found his bark and there are times I almost think its Jack out there - not to mention, I got a glimpse of him one day in my peripheral vision and it gave me the willies for a split second - I think he will be a dead ringer for Jack. Didn't plan on that either but I will take it!

Time to hit the road and get to work! Have a great day - and Judy, thanks for another gentle reminder I have been away too long! Hope to get around and do some blog reading Friday - ah - the days of coffee and blogging early in the day! I think I might miss that just a little!

No comments: