Friday, August 20, 2010

Hello, I have a flat again...

Friday off is a good thing. And, thank you to the bagger who put my 6 pack of bottled fizzy water on top of my perfect peaches last night.

I was driving home yesterday from work and I had the perfect blog post all tapped out in my head and do you think I can remember it today? Yeah. Well, anyway....

It's been an odd ball week as far as goings on. I had yet ANOTHER flat tire and have decided I will just send Decorah Tire $16.04 each month so that I can pre-pay for my services. Who gets one flat tire per month? I do, that's who. This time, I picked up an industrial size staple that let the air out of my tire faster than you can say flat tire. Thankfully, Mark was home and he was able to come with a portable air compressor and air it up - and then I made the 2.5 minute drive to the tire place and it was already too flat to go any farther. I can only assume that because I drive by the turn off to a landfill twice per day, that my odds shoot up considerably that I will pick up some sort of spent piece of metal that hurled itself off its trek to eternal rust and rot.

I have to tell you, though - it's a little unnerving that my normal cycle of thought when I get in and start up my truck has become, "Ok - am I prepared for a flat tire today? (then I mental check, wardrobe/shoes, in case I have to walk, do I have a phone book, spare bottle of water depending on where I am going and cell phone and charger....yes, check, yes and yes.... let's go..." Today it is supposed to rain, so I have an umbrella handy, as well. I was MOST pleased my luck held out on Tuesday, however. I took Kona - who is no longer a puppy I can carry under my arm - to get neutered. I cannot imagine a flat tire with an 85 pound dog that is all strung out on pain killers and post anesthesia. Thankfully - Tuesday was flat free...

Read and finished this week, "Women, Food and God." by Geneen Roth. I saw her on Oprah and was inspired enough in that hour to go buy the book. She shares her experience with weight issues and offers some advice that so goes against anything you have ever considered, its worth reading just for that. It goes beyond food, though, and talks about how to shut off that voice in your head that nags at you all day long. It is about being good to yourself and being okay with being nice to yourself. It's not just for women, even though that is part of the title - it is for anyone looking for a "freshly unique" perspective on life and getting to know yourself. It challenges you to look really deep into WHY you are the way you are and think the way you think. After all, this is the driving force behind the voice track in our heads. Interesting!

That's all for now - Have a great weekend!

No comments: